Thursday, May 13, 2010

THE POWER OF THE HAIRY EDGE

In the words of Gene Simmons, I am a handsome and powerful man. No, I haven't been into the tequila. But it seems my influence and the influence of this blog is ever more powerful than I could have ever imagined.

Ahem.

A few posts ago, I blogged about the City of Toronto's plan to rip up University Avenue and put in bike lanes that were sure to create traffic chaos for a very specious "green" solution. Well, what do you know. The city has now taken that plan off the table. They saw the futility of the scheme.

I do expect and official thank you and and invitation to City Hall. I'm sure it's in the mail. No, really, I'm sure it is.

OK, take that smirk off your face. Stop laughing. And for god's sake, put down that double Bavarian creme chocolate fudge donut. I have more proof of the potency of this blog.

In a more recent post, I wrote about the horrible situation at the Newmarket OSPCA where hundreds of animals were to be put down due to an outbreak of ringworm. Well, thanks to me, a lot of these animals will be saved.

Yes, me, all me. I'm sure the passionate protests aired on national TV had nothing to do with the change of heart.

Ahem.

So now that I have scientific proof of my incredible power of influence, what is my next mission? What new injustice shall I correct?

I'm not really sure. I'm kind of distracted by that damn donut ...

2 comments:

Steve Sorge said...

Heya;

Excellent work O psionic deity. Now could you extend your power to the east coast of Canada to get BP to stop drilling offshore before our coast looks like a cajun swamp.


Hmmm the force is strong in this one...

Victor Kellar said...

Sure I could do that but I'm thinking about doing something truly altruistic, like lowering the price of beer ...

Thanks for the commnet

Top Blogs Pets

Add to Technorati Favorites