Saturday, August 17, 2013

DR DRAW AT TASTE OF THE DANFORTH

The Taste of the Danforth is an annual street fest here in Toronto. The Danforth is largely acknowledged as the hub of the city's Greek community but it's actually a very culturally diverse area. We don't go as often as once we did because I don't seem to have the time to eat souvalki off a stick with a million of my nearest and dearest friend.

Well, perhaps not dear but in that crowd very very near .. way way way to near

One of the things I enjoy about the festival is the entertainment. And not just Greeks dancing and breaking plates and yelling things in strange tongues ... if I want that I can go to a family party.

We have seen many good local acts there and this year was no different. Here is a little video with some shots of the street including a demonstration of thai boxing and featuring the music and performance of Dr Draw, a band featuring an electric violin player. I thought the name Dr Draw was a clever moniker to describe a musician who draws a bow across the strings .. turns out his actual name is Eugene Draw


No matter what he is called, we enjoyed the performance. I was a fan of Jean Luc Ponty, one of the pioneers of electric violin and this guy is just as good, playing an eclectic mix of rock, disco, electronica, sound tracks and classic tracks. His rendition of Elenor Rigby was a stand out

His performance was so high energy he referred to it as his "work out video" Yeh, I had a heart attack just watching him

The video captures a bit of it I hope

No comments:

Top Blogs Pets

Add to Technorati Favorites