Wednesday, November 28, 2012

SHADES OF GREY .. NO NOT THOSE SHADES OF GREY ...

Boy I love football! I really really do! Especially the CFL, the Canadian Football League! Golly gosh it's so exciting! So when the Grey Cup game was to be played here in Toronto I was so excited! And when the Toronto Argo's earned the right to play in it was I oh so super excited! And when they won oh my goodness I was so tingly! And when they were to have a parade and rally down town I had to go ...

And if you believed any of that you may immediately check yourself into the nearest psychiatric institute for a reality check .. after you leave me all your earthly possessions.

I do not care for football, of any kind, be it play with a spherical ball or a round one. But I do follow other sports and I recall how when the Jays were a contending baseball team, and won the World Series it really did seem to energize the city

This past week, before the Grey Cup Game Sunday, I happened to be downtown on other missions and experienced some of the parties and rallies around the event. There were a lot of people in the city, from all across the country and the atmosphere seemed mostly excited and engaging.

It was the kind of activity we see during Pride Week and the Indy Race and other annual events. And Hell, it's been a long time since we've celebrated a major baseball win and I am probably safe in saying it will be a long time before we celebrate anything for the Raptors ..

The even was a good thing for the city. Certainly our hospitality industry, hotels and bars and cabs etc, received a boost during the November doldrums. So when they announced the parade and rally Tuesday to celebrate the win, I decided to pop down to check it out.


Here's the video. Music by Alex Clare

No comments:

Top Blogs Pets

Add to Technorati Favorites