Wednesday, November 30, 2011

THE FIRST, THE LAST AND WHITE ON BLACK AND WHITE

Today is  the last day of the month. As is my habit, I flipped the calendars in my office over to the next month. Tomorrow will be December 1st, the first day of the last month of the year

Today in Toronto we got our first snow fall of the year. So this is the first day that my black & white dog becomes a black & white and white dog. It is easier to illustrate than it is to explain
Yeh, someone has to be happy about the snow. That may be beyond happy
December is a funny month. I think of it as the beginning of winter, if you will, the first month of winter, but it is the last month of the calendar year. The beginning of the season, the end of the year. The season we can feel, it's cooler, my dog is coated with snow, it's obvious that something has changed. The year is a bit more esoteric; we count the days on the calendar and name the months but in the long run, they are only words.

I turn the pages of the calendar and watch the numbers change. I watch Terra jump after the snow flakes.

It's beginning.

No comments:

Top Blogs Pets

Add to Technorati Favorites