Sunday, May 8, 2011

SELF PROMOTION WITHOUT REMORSE

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was inspired by the Hello Future video competition hosted by Saatchi & Saatchi and Bug Video and Vimeo, featuring the music of Moby, to try to create an entry.

Well, with the entry deadline on Monday I have indeed submitted a video

To watch my take on the Moby song After, please take a look here If moved to do so, please feel free to comment on that page

To take a gander at all the submissions (and you should) find them here

If you're interested, I detailed my silly little adventure in the creation of this video on my other blog The Idiot With A Camera

Judging starts soon, with the top 10 semi finalists being announced around June 10 and the winner being crowned June 24

I entered this competition because I love Moby's music, I find it very cinematic and fun to imagine movies to and it was great he was making these songs public domain to allow Idiots With Cameras the legal ability to do so. I haven't made a "movie" or any kind of creative video since I was in college (we didn't have cameras then, we just drew stuff really really fast) and I have some time on my hands, and new little HD cam .. and the entries had to be in HD

I honestly didn't enter the competition to win, I'm the kind of person who find inspiration from outside sources and I always do best when someone else sets the deadline. Looking at the other entries, there are some talented serious movie makers out there. I'm a commercial editor and writer and my camera is usually focussed on the dogs or some adventure I'm sharing with Collette.

It was fun to dive into a pool where I haven't swam in a couple of decades. I really enjoyed creating the video and I love seeing what other people did with the same inspiration.


No comments:

Top Blogs Pets

Add to Technorati Favorites