Friday, March 18, 2011

CANADIAN AVIATION AND SPACE MUSEUM: IT'S A BIRD, IT'S A PLANE, IT'S 3 KELLARS IN OTTAWA

While Collette and I were visiting Kingston, my brother Edward suggested going to Ottawa to visit the Aviation and Space museum. Gosh, a chance to highway drive my new car, the BRB (the Big Red Beast) Um, sure, OK, force me .. please please

I've never been to the museum before but I am a fan of flying and a fan of airplanes and the history of flying. And it was nice to have a particular Canadian bent on that history (bent like a hockey stick blade, get it?)

Among a concentration on Canadian military aircraft the museum had a nice collection of the bush planes that figure so importantly in Canadian culture. I've flown with bush pilots before, in float planes, so it was a pleasant kind of nostalgia to see these homely yet loveable work horses of the North

The breadth of history covered in the exhibits was pretty impressive, from Alexander Graham Bell era airplanes, basically bicycles with wings that only madmen would actually fly, up to Harrier jets.

Shockingly enough, I have a video that illustrates our visit. The music may be a bit too tres obvious but what the hell, this is my blog and I get to make all the artistic decisions, no matter how weak

(By the way, this is the part where I'm sticking out my tongue)




Air Museum Ottawa Ontario from Collette Scale on Vimeo.

No comments:

Top Blogs Pets

Add to Technorati Favorites