Tuesday, March 9, 2010

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TERRA



Yup, it's incredibly hard to believe, but it was a year ago today that I brought Terra home from Chatham Ontario. She was this sweet, pudgy little puppy ...

who has grown into an adult Hell on Wheels border collie

At the time, she was very much Hayley's "little sister"

.. to being merely the "younger" sister.

Terra's the one with the stick. It's getting hard to tell these days, even for us

When she was a puppy, Terra would make a toy out of anything

And nowadays, well, she makes a toy out of anything

When she was a pup, Terra was terrified of the city bus, especially at night as it roared towards her. I invented a happy Mr Bus song and with a judicious application of treats and a lot of clapping hands and excitement (yes I did this in public, I love my dogs) she quickly transformed to a transit riding sort of dog

When she was a pup, Terra had friends made out of stuffing

Now she real doggie friends who she beats the stuffing out of

We've watched Terra go from a girl happy to swim in her pool ...



.. to a girl who takes on big bad Lake Ontario



Yes, it's been a year of big changes and lots of challenges and Terra has met most of them. I know the future holds many both of most and I look forward to helping her meet them, beat them and seeing just what kind of dog she is going to become.





I cut a little retrospective video. The song says it all. I love my pup, she's becoming a great dog but there are days (and Hayley will agree with me) that she does Drive Me Crazy




Happy Anniversary Terra from Victor Kellar on Vimeo.

No comments:

Top Blogs Pets

Add to Technorati Favorites