Sunday, October 25, 2009

TORONTO ZOMBIE CRAWL: "BRAINS! WITH A SIDE OF CHEESE"

I don't have much time. I think they're near. I can hear them, their feet shuffling in the hall, and the drone of their moans and groans, that makes my nerves go on edge. And I can smell them, a rancid combination of rotting flesh and freshly consumed brains ...

Zombies! Toronto has been taken over by zombies! Thousands of them, lurching through he street, eating flesh and screaming "Brains! Brains!"

I stumbled upon them quite by accident, gathered at a downtown park not far from the Ontario Art Gallery. Hmmm, is there some correlation between gov't sponsored culture and a lack of brains?

At any rate, there were thousands of zombies, being trained for their assault on the city.

I'm not sure where they come from but apparently this happens every year around this time, perhaps it's connected to some arcane astronomical event or perhaps an ancient redundant curse. It doesn't really matter. All that counts is that my city has been inundated with the shuffling undead. They're leader, a seemingly charming young lady who must secretly be some kind of Voodoo High Priestess, gave her minions their marching orders or, rather, their lurching orders. A route through the city was laid out for them. I noticed they bypassed City Hall and Queen's Park. Clearly, not enough brains to satiate their hunger.

I noticed a police presence. Hooray I thought. We're going to vanquish the undead horde! Alas, that was not to be. Apparently the Metro Police have fallen under Zombie Queen's spell, they were assisting the zombies! Perhaps it's voodoo. More likely it's time and a half.

The zombies began their crawl through the city, nibbling on each other and slurping down the liquid sustenance that supports them .. apparently this is Tim Horton's coffee.

I managed to sneak in among the horde and although several of them made hideous attacks on me, nobody ate my brain ............................. I won't ponder on this for long. But I was able to observe and record the horrible assault on tape. It's a good thing zombies aren't very observant. They missed my Canon XL1 , and the mid range HD cams and the broadcast cams and the super 8 cams and the 16 mm cam and ... there were a lot of cams, that's what I'm saying.

Strangely enough most of the citizens seemed to welcome the brain eating throng; hey it's a parade! Torontonians are so easy.

Finally the zombies ended their crawl at a place where they could kick back, relax and enjoy themselves in all their mindless glory. They went to watch horror movies.


Toronto Zombie Walk from Victor Kellar on Vimeo.

No comments:

Top Blogs Pets

Add to Technorati Favorites