Friday, August 28, 2009

SHAPE OF BLOGS TO COME

Consider this short blog a kind of Coming Attractions

This weekend Collette and I were planning to attend the blues festival in Kingston but a 10 year Saturn sedan had other plans. Like us not going.

But it's a jam packed weekend here in Toronto. Buskerfest has started this Thursday and Collette and I went tonight, hoping to dodge some dodgy (enough dodges in one sentence for you?) weather and plan to go again Sunday, if everything works out. We just got back and although it will take me a while to cut the video, we've already seen some amazing street performers. I will be doing one blog on a two person troupe called Dream State Circus. They put on a fire show that was sensual, athletic and a little breathtaking. That will be a blog worth checking out

Tomorrow (Friday) I'm off to Fancon downtown. This is a sort of all encompassing fan conference that will cover comic books, gaming, anime, scif fi and horror. I haven't been to any kind of con since I was in high school and none of them had the scope of this; I frankly have no interest strong enough in any one of these genres but all together, I'm hoping to find enough to keep my interest. I'll be hitting this one alone but I'll take Collette's Nikon; I'm thinking this event will be better suited to still rather than video and I'm hoping to get some good pics of nerd wannabes .. er .. people in costumes I mean


And as I mentioned, if the weather holds, we'll be hitting Buskerfest again on Sunday. Circus Orange will be performing and we saw them last year at
the CNE and the show was so great we want to catch them again, plus whatever other shows we can see.

So, all of this will encompass a few more blogs with pics and video and I'm hoping it will be worth taking a peak out. Stay tuned. Bring popcorn

No comments:

Top Blogs Pets

Add to Technorati Favorites